"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Mat 1:21. His People are His Church, His Kingdom.
Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
This Prophecy by Christ was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost, AD 33. Acts 1-2:41.
On that day, the day of Pentecost, the Kingdom of God as prophesied by Jesus, "came in power."
As God had said long ago, "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah." Jer 31:31.
The New Covenant which was sprinkled with Christ's blood was, therefore, made with the same twelve tribes as the first -- the house of Israel and the house of Judah. The Kingdom which came with power was not a different kingdom existing separately from and concurrent to the first. There was only, and is only, one Kingdom of God.
On that day, the day of Pentecost, the Kingdom of God as prophesied by Jesus, "came in power" to the blood descendants of Abraham, the same people, in fact, who had received the first covenant. On this day, they, the members of and inhabitants of that kingdom became members of and inhabitants of the same Kingdom now under the New Covenant. When the New Covenant was put in force by the Blood of Christ, this Covenant was with the same House of Israel and House of Judah as the First Covenant.
The use of the word "Church" as if it is an entity other than or separate to the kingdom of Israel is an error which is based on misinterpretation, and produces confusion on which false doctrine is based. Gal 6:16
Under the Old Covenant, only the blood descendents of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob (Israel) were residents in and members of the Kingdom. Even when an outsider was allowed to enter, he and his descendants were not counted among the blood descendents for Ten Generations!
Gentiles were not admitted to the Ecclesia ("Church") until Acts 10:11. Thereafter, the Kingdom, or Ecclesia, contained both Jews and Gentiles, and the letters of the NT confirm that "the Church" is the Kingdom of God, the house of Israel and Judah, ruled by Christ.
When God allowed 'outsiders' to enter His Kingdom (Acts 11:5) He did not establish a separate 'kingdom' but adopted (Gen 48:5) them, or "grafted" (Rom 11:17) them into that preexisting Kingdom.
James wrote, "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." (1:18) He is addressing the Members of the Body of Christ, the Kingdom of God, the Ecclesia, the First Century Saints, which contained both Jew and Gentile, and James calls them His "Firstfruits." The Firstfruits are the Church. Rev 14:1-5.
As demonstrated by James, the twelve tribes are the Church, and the brethren are members of the Kingdom of God. James 1:1-2, 18. Therefore, the twelve tribes in Revelation Seven are the Church, and the Brothers of those seen under the alter in Chapter Six are The Church.
Throughout the NT the names, titles and descriptions of "the brethren" are used synonymously with the names, titles and descriptions of the Ecclesia, "Church," "Church of God," and "Church of Christ." These are One Body, One People, One Kingdom; the Kingdom of God.
Likewise, throughout the NT the brotherhood of the Ecclesia are called and addressed as The Saints, therefore the Camp of the Saints in Revelation Chapter Twenty is The Church.
In order to answer that question we must define four terms.
1. What is the Church?
2. Who is in the Church?
3. What are the names of the Church?
4. What are the names of its members?
1. The term Church (Ecclesia) means Assembly, Congregation. The Church is the People of God who are gathered in His name. Ex 12:6, Acts 20:28, Mat 1:21, Heb 10:25.
2. The Faithful Children of Abraham (by blood or adoption) are the Congregation, Assembly, Church of God. The Strangers (Exiles) are the Church. The saved are added to, or are "in," the Church. 1 Peter 1:1, Col 1:1-18 Acts 2:38-47
3. Following is a list of the Names of the Church.
* The Assembly of the Saints, Ps 89:7
* The Assembly of the upright, Ps 111:1
* The Body of Christ. Rom 12:5, Eph 1:23
* The Branch, Isa 60:21, Rom 11:17-21
* The Bride, Rev 21:9
* The Church of The First Born, Heb 12:27
* The Church of God, Acts 20:28
* The Family in heaven, Eph 3:14-15
* God's Flock, Isa 40:11, Acts 20:28
* General Assembly, Heb 12:23
* God's Building, 1 Cor 3:9
* God's Husbandry, 1 Cor 3:9
* The Habitation of God, Eph 2:22
* The Holy City, Rev. 21:2
* The Israel of God, Gal 6:16
* Household of God, Eph 2:9
* The Lamb's Wife, Rev 19:7
* Pillar and Ground of Truth, 1 Tim 3:15
* A Spiritual House, 1 Peter 2:5
* Saints, Rom 1:7, Col 1:2
* Temple of God, 1 Cor 3:16
* The Twelve Tribes, James 1:1, Eze 48:5-6
* Saints and Faithful Brethren, Col 1:2
* God's Beloved, Romans 1:7
4. Following is a list of Names of the members of the Church.
* Believers, Acts 5:14
* Beloved Brethren, 1 Cor 15:58
* Children of God, Mat 5:9
* Children of Light, Luke 16:8
* Chosen Ones, Deu. 7:6, Mark 13:20
* Christians, Acts 11:26
* Dear Children, Eph 5:1
* Heirs, Rom. 4:13-16
* His People, Mat 1:21
* Holy People, Deu 7:6, 1 Pet 2:9
* Lights, Mat 5:14
* My Servants, John 18:36
* Ransomed of the Lord, Isa 35:10
* Saints, Rom 1:7, Acts 9:13
* Sheep, Ps 74:1
* Spiritual Brethren, Mat 23:8
* The Elect, Mat 24:22
* The Righteous, Job 36:7
* The Salt, Mat 5:13
* The Sons of God, Hosea 1:10
* Trees of Righteousness, Isa 61:3, Rom 11:17
* Vessels of Honor, 2 Tim 2:21
* Vessels of Mercy, Rom 9:23
* We Who Remain, Isa 1:9, 1 Thes 4:14, Rev 12:17
* Witnesses, Isa 43:8-10, Luke 24:45-48, Acts 1:8, Rev 11:3
Now we can examine the Book of Revelation to see if the Church or its members are indeed identified as being present, or absent, from earth after the Fourth Chapter.
Our Brothers: 6:9-11. "...And I saw under the alter the souls of them that were slain for the Word of God..." These are the Early saints. "...And it was said unto them that they should rest yet for a little season until their fellow brethren that should be killed as they..." Mat. 23:8, 24:9-12. 1 Cor. 15:58. The "brethren" are the Church. The First Century Christians are our Brothers.
The Church is still on earth during the time of the Fifth Seal. Not only are we still here, but this is a specific prophecy that we will endure the same test of faith as our First Century Brothers.
His Servants: 7:3. "...Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of God (the Church) on their forehead. "My servants..." This is the Church. John 18:36. "And I heard the number of... of the Twelve Tribes..." The "Twelve Tribes" are the Church. James 1:1. The Church is here during the Seventh Chapter.
Till We Have Sealed the Servants of our God: 7:3, 9:4. "...But only those men which have not the seal of God in their forehead..." Why make this distinction? (Have NOT the seal.) The Church was marked in the Seventh Chapter. If the Church had been ruptured off the earth there would be no need for this distinction. The Church is on earth in the Ninth Chapter, during the time of the Fifth Trumpet.
The Witnesses: 11:3-4. "...My two witnesses... two olive trees..." Verses 3 to 8. The two witnesses are olive trees -- the Church (congregation) of Judah and the Church (congregation) of the Gentiles. Isa. 60:21, 61:3, Rom. 11:17-21. Luke 24:48, Acts 1:8, Heb. 12:1.
The Remnant: Verse 13: "...and the remnant..." "We who remain" are the Church. Isa. 1:9, 10:20-27. 1 Thes. 4:14-17, Rev. 12:17.
Camp of the Saints: 20:9. "...And compassed the Camp of the Saints... and the Beloved City..." This Scripture, in context, is speaking of the last battle between Heaven and earth: The Battle of Armageddon. Jerusalem is "The Beloved City." The "Camp of the Saints" is the Church. This verse depicts the very moment The Messiah comes to save His People. Ps. 89:7, Rom. 1:7.
The Elect: Jesus once asked if there would be faith on earth when the Son of Man came. Then He answered His own question when He said, "Except those days be shortened, no flesh would be saved, but for THE ELECT'S SAKE those days shall be shortened." The Elect is the Remnant, the Church. Mat. 24:22, Mark 13:20.
The Church is here until the end, when He comes to defeat His enemy. Rev. 14:12-20, 19:11-21, 20:9-15, Joel 3:1-2, Zec. 14, 1 Cor. 15:52, 1 Peter 3:7, 10-12. Mat 24:31, 1 Thes 4:16.